Have questions about employee benefits, payroll, creating and managing personnel files, or business policies and procedures? Signum can help! If you still have questions, feel free to reach out to us for more information.
- How can Signum help us make our hiring and onboarding processes more efficient? ANSWER
Signum is fully equipped to help small and mid-sized businesses hire the most qualified employees. We assist businesses with the hiring and onboarding processes in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- Developing recruiting strategies specific to your company’s needs.
- Providing legally compliant applications and new hire paperwork.
- Performing E-Verify, background checks, and new hire reporting.
- Developing accurate and comprehensive job descriptions to attract the right types of candidates for the job.
- Providing benefits information and enrolling employees in elected benefits.
- Submit your question to be answered by a certified HR professional: ANSWER
Have more questions? We are here to help! The Signum team consists of fully-equipped payroll and human resources experts that are committed to providing personal and professional expertise to all their clients. Submit your inquiry and a member of our team will be in touch!
- What exactly is “Human Resources”? ANSWER
For a business, the Human Resources (HR) functions are key components of the organization that exist to protect and serve the needs of the company and employees. No matter what type of industry you are in, people are your primary asset. A Human Resources team helps businesses to hire, onboard, manage, develop, engage, and motivate their employees. Human Resources are an investment in your company practices and employees that help to add value to your business.
- What HR-related phrases should I be familiar with? ANSWER
There are several general HR phrases that every business owner and employee should be familiar with, including:
- Core competencies: the general skills needed to carry out the day-to-day tasks of a specific job. Core competencies may vary per industry, business and job title.
- Corporate culture: every business has its own company culture. Although sometimes a culture may develop with minimal effort, sometimes an HR department will structure business processes and day-to-day working environments to build a culture to the specifications of the business owner.
- Employee onboarding: this is the process of giving knew employees a firm foundation along with a general company knowledge to help them integrate into their new environment and set them up for success in their new role.
- Gross misconduct: work place actions that are so severe they require immediate termination.
- Work-life balance: businesses will often put policies in place to help employees manage the balance between the required tasks of their day-to-day job and their life outside of work.
- Family friendly: businesses will often put a “family friendly” practice into place to support employees who are working parents, especially in the case of parents with young children. This may include flexibility in scheduling, family sick leave, or on-site day care. These policies help business owners to better engage employees who are parents and help them to maintain a work-life balance.
Finding the right employees for your team can often be challenging and time consuming. You can trust in the professionals at Signum to help you select the right people for the right jobs. If you have other questions or are ready to get started with Signum, contact us today!
- What is a Professional Employer Organization or PEO? ANSWER
Signum is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) that provides clients with expert, professional guidance and relief from time spent on human resources, employee benefits, payroll, and workers’ compensation. This allows business owners to spend their time managing their company and growing the bottom line.
Today’s business owner needs help with increasingly complex employee related matters such as health benefits, workers’ compensation claims, payroll, payroll tax compliance, and unemployment insurance claims. Signum assumes these responsibilities and provides expertise in human resources management. This allows you to concentrate on the operation and revenue-producing side of your business.
Signum also contractually assumes certain risks that you face by being an employer; helping your company manage the growing burden of employment laws and regulations.
Businesses across America have discovered the incredible value of PEOs because we provide:
- Relief from the burden of employment administration.
- A wide range of HR management solutions through a team of professionals.
- Improved employment practices, compliance, and risk management to reduce liabilities.
- Access to a comprehensive employee benefits package, allowing clients to be competitive in the labor market.
- Assistance to improve productivity and profitability.
- What payroll taxes am I responsible for as an employer? ANSWER
As an employer, you are responsible for paying the company’s portion of payroll taxes for all employees. Payroll taxes are an added expense to an employee’s gross wages. The employer portion of payroll taxes include the following:
- Social Security taxes
- Medicare taxes
- Federal unemployment taxes (FUTA)
- State unemployment taxes (SUTA)
- Why should we outsource our payroll and Human Resources functions? ANSWER
Spending time dealing with daily payroll and HR tasks can take critical time away from activities that provide the most value to your company as a whole. By outsourcing your company’s payroll and HR needs to skilled and experienced professionals, you can ensure that process-driven tasks are completed without taking you away from the purpose and focus of your business. Delegating administrative tasks to an accomplished and responsive payroll and HR service provider allows you to focus your attention on running and growing your business.